Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Who said today's students are not spiritually seeking? I especially like the organic prozac comment!

Student Voices


Left to right: Cecelia Woodworth; Kristin Mills; Andrew Shaffer; David Herman; Kate Natzler

I try to convince all my classmates to come to the monastery because it's like organic Prozac. These men are so calming and soothing and it's wonderful. The surroundings and the sermons are always wonderful and intelligent and educated. It's just very warm and accepting.
Cecelia Woodworth, Boston University (Divinity and Social Work)

I just tell my friends it's awesome, the brothers they are all really cool people and it's so much fun to come. I love this place; it is so beautiful and relaxing.
Kristin Mills, Boston University

And at the service tonight I really appreciate how beautiful the monastery is, the stain-glass windows and the architecture. I am really glad I came tonight.
Andrew Shaffer, MIT

It's an amazing experience, the acoustics, the hymns and the smell. It is the only place I have ever been at that actually uses incense; it makes it more powerful.
David Herman, Boston University (Electrical Engineering)

Coming to the 515pm service on Tuesday is my favorite part of the week, it's just so relaxing, and it's so welcoming. It's the only place I found that you just walk in and know it's automatically a community. The brothers are so welcoming every time I come.
Kate Netzler, Boston University (Theology)

From the Society of St John the Evangelist e-newletter. The monastery is located in Harvard Square.

No comments: